Ingredients for the Sauce:
2 lbs. zuchinni, finely sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
2-3 tablespoons cream
1/3-1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Ingredients for Tempura Batter:
(Feel free to use your favorite batter recipe here)
1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 large or 2 small egg yolks
1-1/2 cups water
a pinch of salt
Ingredients for Deep-Fried Zucchini Flowers
Oil for frying
1. Follow the directions for the Zucchini Sauce for Pasta recipe. Set sauce aside and allow to cool.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the Tempura Batter together. If necessary, add more water to bring to consistency of thick paint. Don't overmix or batter won't have the ideal light texture - don't worry if it has a few lumps in it.
3. Check your zucchini flowers for insects (sometimes they like to hide in here), and then carefully scoop the zucchini sauce inside of the flowers with a teaspoon. You should get 2 to 4 good teaspoons in each one, depending on the size of the flowers.
4. Heat some oil for deep-fryng until a small piece of bread thrown in takes about 1 min to turn deep golden brown.
5. Dip the stuffed flowers in batter and then lower them carefully into hot oil. Do not overcrowd pan. Deep-fry for 1-2 minutes, until puffed up, crisp, and golden brown.
6. Drain on paper towels and serve sprinkled with salt.
*This recipe comes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's The River Cottage Cookbook