5 to 6 carrots
½ teaspoon of cumin
½ teaspoon of coriander
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
pinch of cayenne
juice of ½ lime
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
1. Peel and cut carrots into little batons, about 2 inches long and ¼ inch square
2. Cook carrots in salted boiling water until almost tender. They should be pliable, but still crisp in center. Drain and season with salt.
3. In a small bowl mix together cumin, coriander, ginger, and cayenne. Pour over the warm carrots and toss gently.
4. Marinate for a few hours or refrigerate overnight.
5. Just before serving, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro/parsley. Pour over carrots and toss gently. Taste for seasoning.