2 lbs potatoes, washed and chopped into bite size pieces
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 bunch of kale, cut into strips
½ cup grated cheese (cheddar is our usual go to)
2 tablespoons cumin
pinch of cayenne
1 tablespoon dried oregano or 1 stem of fresh oregano
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Toss potatoes in 1 to 2 tablespoons on olive oil, salt & pepper. Spread out on bottom of casserole pan and roast until JUST tender enough to pierce with fork.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in saucepan and add onion. Cook for 2 minutes and then add garlic. Cook until tender. Then add cayenne and cumin. Stir around and cook for another minute.
4. Add black beans, half a can of water, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil and turn down heat and allow to simmer until 85% of liquid has cooked away, stirring occasionally.
5. When potatoes are just cooked through, spread black beans over top. Then lay out kale over the beans. Sprinkle a little olive oil over the kale and then sprinkle cheese on top. Return to oven and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes, until kale is crisp but not burnt.