1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Slice squash/pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds, and place cut sides down on a roasting pan
3. Roast until the squash/pumpkin is soft all the way through. You can tell this by poking it with a fork. Depending on the size, this can take anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes
4. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes
5. Scoop out flesh and place in a food processor
6. Process for 10 seconds, or until smooth
7. You can now use this, for keep it in the fridge for about a week, or in the freezer for months!