*Makes 4 to 5 servings
3 gloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2/3 of a quart of San Marzano Plums, chopped
handful of sungold cherry tomatoes, halved
1 sprig of oregano, destemmed and chopped
handful of basil, chopped
¼ cup white wine
1 to 3 tablespoons sugar
1. Heat up a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat
2. Add in onions and sauté for a minute. Then add in garlic and continue to sauté until onion begins to soften
3. Add in tomatoes, oregano, and basil and bring to a slow simmer
4. As the sauce simmers, add in white wine, a little sugar, and a little salt. Taste and adjust seasoning.
5. Allow to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the tomatoes break down and begin to look like a sauce, but don’t cook for too long so that everything gets super mushy.