*Makes 2 loaves
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking power
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup vegetable oil
2 ¼ cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 large zucchini/squash)
1 cup chopped walnuts/chocolate chips (optional
1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Mix flour, salt, baking power, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
3. Cream eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well.
4. Stir in the zucchini and nuts/chocolate chips until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans
5. Cook for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and allow to cool completely.